Monday 11 October 2010

What I learnt last week

So I'm launching things here with an end of-week feature, at the beginning of the week. Start as you mean to go on, or at least as you expect to, I guess.

So, the idea of the feature is that I'll try to keep a tab on small things I've learnt over the course of a week just gone, in the hope that the need to write this will help me remember them and get me into the habit of blogging regularly. It should also help serve as a reminder of what a joy it is to learn things.

Johann Hari keeps a regular diary of things he's been wrong about. I have to hope this doesn't include "Not punching that funny-looking kid in the year above me at school".

'That's What I Like' by Jive Bunny has one of the most offensive videos in pop history. And the sleeve's not much better.

If your front door seizes up due to humidity, applying WD-40 will help loosen it.

If you stand around in your office holding a box numbered 9 and start saying "Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine..." people probably won't get the reference.


Magpies are very bold this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment